Unwanted Pigmentation and sun SPOTS
Melanin gives our skin color. Too big concentration of melanin in one area of skin is what we see as dark pigmented patches and spots, which make us look older. Most pigmented lesions come from sun exposure, but this does not mean we have to give up our outdoors, sports hobbies, playgrounds, etc. to look better.
PicoSure Laser with its power to pulverize pigment in your skin, is a true revolutionary breakthrough in pigment reduction.
What’s special about PicoSure?
- Picosecond laser technology allows for destruction of abnormal concentration of melanin in your skin without damaging surrounding tissue
- The laser pulse length can be adjusted to the trillionth of a second, allowing a skilled physician to dial in the machine to your exact needs more than any laser before it
- Only few Picosecond lasers exist on the market today, and PicoSure by Cynosure is the only one with FocusTM Laser Array technology that allows the beam to be focused to the smallest possible spot with 20 times the intensity of a regular Picosecond laser pulse
We have several lasers that treat dark pigment PDL, Q-switched, CO2, Erbium, Fraxel, however PicoSure Laser have already proven to be the most effective in treatment of wide range of pigmentary conditions.
What can we treat with the PicoSure Laser?
- Age spots, sun spots, dark pigmentation on hands, face, and décolletage area
- Pigment on some benign moles can also be removed
Is treatment painful?
- Patients describe the treatment as prickly zapping sensations, like static shocks.
- In order to minimize discomfort, treated skin will be cooled with chilled air during the procedure
- Most people will not need any anesthetic before undergoing procedure
- Those who are worried about pain should take a single dose of an over-the-counter pain medication like acetaminophen or ibuprofen an hour before the procedure
- For those who are especially prone to pain, a topical anesthetic can be applied in-office an hour before the procedure.
What should I expect after treatment?
- Pigmented on treated areas will get much darken over first 24 hrs, but will end up lighter than before your procedure as the pigmentation sheds over next few weeks.
- Redness and tenderness of the area fades away within 1-3 hours post procedure!
- Most of our patients do not feel any discomfort by the time they head back home after the treatment.
How many procedures will I need?
- Depending on depth, on average, unwanted pigmented should clear in 2-3 sessions, however some patients need more session for satisfactory results
How long will results last?
There is no straightforward answer to this question. Six months, two years
or till next aggressive sun exposure or sunburn? Post treatments you skin
will look better, dark spots will diminish or disappear, and with proper
maintenance results should be long lasting.
What we have to understand is that Lasers do not treat imbalance in skin causing formation of excessive pigmentation.
Combination of laser treatments with pharmacologic treatment followed by maintenance program is often recommended for longer lasting results.
Animated video courtesy of Cynosure. For educational purposes only.
Take your summer memories with you, leave your sun damage behind
Schedule your consultation today!
Call: (847) 518-9999
Disclaimer: Every patient is unique; therefore cosmetic results can vary between patients. No two laser treatments will get same results – even if performed by same physician on patients with similar conditions.