When treating post acne scars, we need to take into consideration two factors: color and texture.
- Color: Redness is what you mostly see when you take a closer look at teenagers with acne or acne scars. Often, patients will be immensely satisfied with their results after only correcting redness.
Texture: Any attempt of skin resurfacing with ablative laser in order to improve skin texture should be avoided in patients with active acne present as it will cause the aggravation of the existing condition.
REDNESS: When only reduction of excessive redness within scars is needed, Cynergy PDL laser by Cynosure offers the most powerful treatments in fewer sessions, safe for all genders and ages.
IPL technology with 515-950nm & 540-950nm wavelengths, is also offered, however it is not safe for use on hair bearing areas, might result if permanent hair reduction.
TEXTURE: Deep Acne Scars have been treated with chemical peels and ablative resurfacing for decades, until PicoSure Laser revolutionized treatments of post acne scars.
PicoSure Laser with Focus™ Lens Array is the latest advancement in fast and effective reduction acne scars with zero down time.
PicoSure FocusTM Laser uses ultra-short pulses of laser light to reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the support structure. This controlled injury jump starts your skins natural reparation mechanisms to rebuild collagen and elastin.
- PicoSure Laser will allow you to return immediately to your regular daily life. Redness and tenderness of the treated area fades away within 1-3 hours post procedure! Most of our patients do not feel any discomfort by the time they head back home after the treatment. For some patient with sensitive skin redness might linger for up to 24 hours after procedure.
- Acne scars will begin to show improvement in 2 treatments but a series of 3-5 treatments is recommended for optimum aesthetic results.
- Topical anesthetic may be applied applied in-office an hour before the procedure to increase patient comfort. Most people will not need any anesthetic before undergoing their procedure.
SKIN RESURFACING: Patients looking for even more aggressive treatment can still opt out for ablative fractional resurfacing.
- iPixel ultrapulse CO2 fractional laser
- Erbium 2940mn fractional laser with Pixel stamping technology
ach patient is different, and might require different combinations of treatments. MIX & MATCH Laser Rejuvenation Package is here to make decisions easier. Combination of lasers and prescription topical is also very helpful.
Call our clinic today to schedule your appointment.
Call: (847) 518-9999
Disclaimer: Every patient is unique; therefore cosmetic results can vary between patients. No two laser treatments will get same results – even if performed by same physician on patients with similar conditions.