Signs and Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Can you see bulging veins or spider veins on your legs? If not, you probably wonder it is possible do detect varicose veins before they start bulging on your legs?
Some people will never develop visible varicosities. They will have eczema, brown discolorations on lower legs and open ulcer yet still will not have visible varicose veins!
1. Do you experience pain in your thighs, calves, ankles or entire leg?
- Does pain seem to be related to prolonged standing, sitting, hot weather, menstrual periods, walking, riding in a car?
- Is that pain alleviated by elevating your legs, walking, or wearing elastic stockings?
Pain sensitivity varies from person to person. The most common descriptions are pain at rest, a dull ache, burning pain, a sharp pain in the legs, muscular cramps, night cramps, heaviness or tired feeling in the legs in legs.
2. Do you experience swelling in your feet, ankles or legs?
- Does swelling seem to be related to prolonged standing, sitting, hot weather, menstrual periods, walking, riding in a car?
- Is that swelling alleviated by elevating your legs, walking, or wearing elastic stockings?
3. Have any of your parents or grandparents had varicose veins or leg ulcers?
4. Does the condition of your legs affect you, your employment, your lifestyle?
- Do your daily duties require prolonged periods of sitting or standing?
- Does it affect your daily activities, employment status, difficulty with employment?
- Does it influence the quality of your life, sleep, hobbies, or choice of clothing?
If you answered no to every single question, you most likely do not have
to worry about venous insufficiency.
However, if you answered yes to some of the above questions, you should consider scheduling an appointment for a detailed evaluation.
Your symptoms might be a result of multiple origins, making it crucial to establish a proper diagnosis and develop a comprehensive treatment plan. At IVSI, your varicose vein treatment will be custom tailored to your exact needs.
Contact us today for more information on our services and procedures. Our friendly and professional staff is on hand to answer any questions you may have.