Wrinkles are the natural progression of skin aging, because our skin loses elasticity as life goes on. They start as fine lines that develop in your late 20s, and eventually become permanent grooves and creases. While wrinkles are inevitable, many factors can cause premature skin aging, like smoking or UV light exposure.
What can be done to prevent and reduce visible effects of skin aging?
- Laser revitalization - to stimulate dermal remodeling with new collagen and elastin
- Laser photo rejuvenation – to remove early pigmented lesions
- Laser skin resurfacing – to evaporate layers of damaged skin
In general terms, Laser Skin Resurfacing is a procedure that uses laser light to evaporate layers of damaged skin and to aggressively stimulate dermal remodeling. The goal of laser resurfacing is to achieve is smoother, tighter, fresher, looking skin fewer wrinkles and visible scars.
At the International Vein & Skin Institute, we don't just provide cosmetic procedures for a variety of skin conditions. We also have over 20 years of hands on laser experience.
There are four types of skin resurfacing:
- Fractional resurfacing – Laser pulses create microscopic columns, penetrating the epidermis and dermis. The laser can target 20-35% of the total skin's surface during one session, leaving the rest of the skin untouched, which speeds up the recovery and healing process.
- Non-fractional resurfacing – Laser pulses treat 100% of the skin surface during one session. Recovery time is longer, but only one visit is needed.
- Ablative – vaporizes/evaporates treated layers of skin
- Non-ablative – Targets a specific layer of skin, leaving others untouched.
We can tailor each skin resurfacing treatment according to the nature and extent of your skin condition and to your requirements for recovery time.
In our Skin Care Clinic we proudly offer all types of laser skin resurfacing:
Fractional ablative resurfacing:
- iPixel ultrapulse CO2 fractional laser
- Erbium 2940mn fractional laser with Pixel stamping technology
Non-fractional ablative resurfacing:
- Gentle Peel by Erbium Laser
- Luxar Novascan CO2 Laser
Fractional non-ablative resurfacing:
- Fraxel SR 1500 Laser
We are excited to announce that state of the art, newest generation, picosecond
laser technology is now available in our clinic!
- 755nm PicoSure Laser with Focus™ Lens Array
For patients looking for new reliable ways to improve appearance of their skin diminish wrinkles PicoSure laser brings skin revitalization treatment with NO TIME DOWN!
Laser resurfacing may be performed on the whole face or in specific regions. For some procedures, topical anesthetics are applied an hour before the planned treatment.
Too many options to choose from? Do not wait, schedule your consultation today.
Disclaimer: Every patient is unique; therefore cosmetic results can vary between patients. No two laser treatments will get same results – even if performed by same physician on patients with similar conditions.