Post acne scarring
Scars are the natural progression of acne
When treating post acne scars, we need to take into consideration two factors: color and texture.
- Color: Redness is what you mostly see when you take a closer look at teenagers with acne or acne scars. Often, patients will be immensely satisfied with their results after only correcting redness.
- Texture: Any attempt of skin resurfacing with ablative laser in order to improve skin texture should be avoided in patients with active acne present as it will cause the aggravation of the existing condition.
1. Take care of your active acne. This might be done with the use of pharmaceuticals, a combination of prescription drugs with incision and drainage of lesions, a series of treatments by broadband light sources like AFT /IPL that will cause reduction, photodynamic therapy, or combination of any of these methods. Your provider will develop a treatment plan during your first evaluation.
2. Reduce redness. Redness reduction is a social life saver for most patients.
3. Improve skin texture with laser skin resurfacing and collagen remodeling. There are several fractional, non-fractional, ablative, and non-ablative lasers available at our Skin Care Clinic that can be safely used on various skin types.
or 3. Improve skin texture with PicoSure FocusTM Laser Array technology. Acne scar treatment uses ultra-short pulses of laser light to reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the support structure. This controlled injury jump starts your skins natural reparation mechanisms to rebuild collagen and elastin.
What is the best part of PicoSure acne scar treatment?
no recovery time involved
Acne scars will begin to show improvement in 2 treatments but a series of 3 to 5 treatments is recommended for optimum aesthetic results.
Keep in mind that each patient is different, and might require different combinations of treatments. Some "acne" patients visiting our clinic for the first time enter unaware that they have bacterial skin infections, polymorphic light eruptions or even skin allergies while acne isn't even on their diagnosis list.
As always, it is crucial to properly diagnose a patient before recommending any laser or pharmacologic treatment. Call our facility today to schedule your appointment.
Disclaimer: Every patient is unique; therefore cosmetic results can vary between patients. No two laser treatments will get same results – even if performed by same physician on patients with similar conditions.